The office of Dr. Karen Steele and Associates specializes in development and learning in children and adolescents, psychological and educational assessments, therapy, and counselling.
Our office provides the following services:
- Assessment of:
- Cognitive, academic and social-emotional functioning
- Learning disabilities: difficulties in reading, writing and math
- Attention and behaviour problems
- Anxiety and depression
- Developmental delays
- Provision of practical strategies for school and home
- Recommendations for IEP
- Implementation of objective learning and teaching strategies
- Advocacy for the child
- Assistance in school placement, co-ordination of remedial programming
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Collaborative Problem Solving with parents and teachers
Psychological services may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance plans. The family’s insurance provider should be contacted for information about coverage and reimbursement.